Highgate Montessori (London, N6 6BA)
Montessori Guide / Teacher – FULL TIME (Ref: HM 01)
Highgate Montessori is a family-friendly preschool serving children from 18 months to 6 years old, located in Pond Square in the heart of idyllic Highgate Village.
At Highgate Montessori the needs of the child and the family come first, we aim to be a partner in nurturing and upbringing the children and families we care for. So, if you want to do the right things for the right reasons and join a professional team that is dedicated to following the Montessori philosophy and its foundations combined with the EYFS this role is for you.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for full-time Montessori Guides (Teachers) to join our supportive, professional and highly experienced team, to work in our vertically grouped, open planned classrooms to support in preparing and maintaining the Montessori and outdoor learning environments on a daily basis for either our Toddlers (18 months – up to 3 years) or our preschool children (3 years - 6 years).
You will be a key member of the team acting as a positive role model to practitioners and supporting the Head of School in the delivery and maintenance of outstanding service.
● MUST hold a teaching qualification in Montessori.
● Montessori Early Years International Diploma.
● Montessori and/or an Early Years Foundation Degree. (preferred)
● Sound knowledge and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
● Experience within a vertically grouped classroom is essential.
● First Aid Certificate.
● At least one year’s continued experience working within a Montessori environment.
● Prepared to work in all weather conditions as part of our open-air learning programme.
● Fluent in both written and spoken English.
● Competent to use computers and technology with confidence, ease, and minimal frustration.
Your role as a Montessori teacher (Guide)
● To nurture the personality of each child and to meet their individual needs through the Montessori Philosophy and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
● To develop and support each child’s individual experiences and ideas based upon their own personal circumstances.
● To provide a peaceful and interesting learning environment where each child can feel safe and relaxed.
● To promote the joy of learning, encouraging curiosity, creativity and imagination, forming a positive foundation that will grow with each child throughout their entire education and beyond.
● To develop social and emotional integration through individual and group learning.
● You will have a flexible approach, a positive attitude and the ability to build positive constructive working relationships with children, colleagues, parents, students and other professionals as appropriate.
● To support and direct up to 12 Key Children, including required recordkeeping and to ensure their developmental, personal, social and emotional needs are met in a safe and caring manner.
● Working in partnership with parents to pro-actively support children’s care and development.
● Adhering to Health and Safety policies, maintaining risk assessments and relevant documentation.
● Attend parent seminars and promotional days.
● Maintain high standards of safeguarding, care & education.
● FULL TIME: Monday to Friday 7.30 am – 4.30 pm or 9:00 - 6:30 pm
● To be discussed at interview and will be in accordance with qualifications and experience.
We can offer:
● Bank Holidays as leave (Christmas Day, New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Early May, Spring Bank Holiday and August Bank Holiday).
● 10 x Consecutive days during August (inclusive of August Bank Holiday).
● 10 x Consecutive days during the Christmas period.
● 1 x Christmas shopping day (must be taken during December).
● Annual leave on your birthday.
● A competitive salary with a possible end of year Performance Related Bonus* that reflects your expertise and ability (*conditions apply).
● Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, virtual learning and career progression opportunities.
● Continued and paid for CPD training in relevant areas
● Childcare provision for up to two children during spring, summer and winter holiday schools with a substantial discount.
● Well Being Vouchers for 100% attendance and punctuality over the year.
● An excellent working environment in a well-resourced indoor and outdoor Montessori and Early Years learning areas.
● Working within a dedicated staff team and an appreciative parent network.
● Access to the school’s annual subscription to the Montessori and Under 5’s Magazines.
● A referral bonus should you introduce a new team member who meets the requirements of the school and completes a probationary period to successfully become employed full time (conditions apply).
UK applicants only please.
Interested parties should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Ladybird Montessori School, Highgate, are looking for a enthusiastic passionate pre-school teacher to join our expanding friendly team. We are a long established pre-school with an excellent reputation tucked away in Highgate with a delightful on-site Forest School. We offer a stimulating environment where children can grow and prosper.
We are looking for a qualified Montessori teacher/ recently qualified or a cache level 3/4 with enthusiasm and a passion for working with small children. Our hours are 8am to 3pm three days a week and Monday and Thursday until 1pm. Term time only.
Purpose of the Job:
To work as the key person to a small group and be a happy member of our school team under the direction of the manager. Provide safe, high quality education and care for young children. To maintain a stimulating, enjoyable and enriching lesson planning.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum and key children.
- To help set up the classroom for the daily activities and to help tidy away at the end of the day, ensuring that at the school, all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, leasing closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To advise the manager of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- To teach children and prepare them for school, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To attend training courses as required.
- To keep complete confidentiality regarding information about the children, their families or other staff members which is required as part of your role.
- To keep up-to-date with current good practice.
- To understate any other reasonable duties as directed by the school manager, in accordance with the school business objectives.
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Willingness to learn.
- Montessori Diploma or CACHE Level 3 Certificate in pre-school practice or equivalent.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
- Previous experience of working with pre-school aged children.
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Health clearance for the job.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to able to use your own initiative.
- Strong knowledge of the EYFS
- Strong communication skills including good command of spoken and written English.
We offer fully paid term time holidays with a competitive salary. A parking permit, pension scheme and strong in house and external training. A strong and supportive management team along with a supportive, friendly, welcoming team of teachers.To apply:
Position: 0-3 and 3-6 AMI Montessori Trained Guide
We have the following vacancies at the Leavesden Montessori House for 2021:
Based in Watford and minutes away from London by train.
Fully committed, enthusiastic hardworking and practical individuals required.
Need to have a Positive, reflective and flexible attitude
Working knowledge of the application of Montessori principles and
For the right candidates, a competitive salary package will be offered which includes hot lunches, healthy snacks, quality in house training and support for further training.
Leavesden Montessori House is recognised as exceptional and has had strong positive feedback from the parents.
Recruitment is done throughout the year. Additional details will be available upon receipt of your application.
Leavesden Montessori House
Phone: 01923 801331
Qualified Montessori teacher for Part Time / Full time position
To be considered for this role it is essential that you must:
Location: Gaddesden Row, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Hours: 35 Hours week
Salary: £10 - £12 Per Hour
Work in the Classroom with children from the age of 1 to 4 years.
Work as part of the staff team to ensure the efficient running of the nursery school.
Individually implement and plan activities using My Montessori Child for key children according to their next steps to ensure continuous provision
Plan, implement and review activities to support each child to work towards the EYFS Early Learning Goals
Consistently observe each child to provide a stimulating and fun environment according to their individual needs, stage of development and current interests
Deliver a Montessori education through the presentations of equipment in each area of the Montessori curriculum
To uphold the Montessori philosophy in the daily activities within the setting
Persons Specification: Able to always use initiative and exercise integrity
To apply you must have:
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camilla - 07866310044