Recruitment – Chief of Staff/Chief Operating Officer
A global, 90-year old NGO based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, seeks a Chief Operating Officer/Chief of Staff to report to and serve as a force amplifier to the Executive Director, manage special and strategic projects, and oversee day-to-day operations of the head office and global network.
This is an opportunity for an exceptional professional to work with teachers, children, philanthropists, scholars, and governments to build global capacity to make high-quality Montessori education for peace available to all children. This position comes with significant responsibility.
The right candidate will have a record that demonstrates strategic ability, high productivity, grace and reliability under pressure, excellent communications skills with people at all levels, discernment and discretion, great integrity, a strong work ethic and a commitment to serving children.
About the Role
The Chief of Staff’s job is to amplify the AMI Executive Director’s reach, effectiveness and ability to execute on critical tasks. The COS will succeed by removing tasks from the ED’s responsibility.
Examples of COS work include:
- Act as an “ambassador” for the ED, buffering communication with the head office, AMI network and public.
- Manage ED’s calendar and prioritize appointments, keeping ED up to date on all changes.
- In the ED’s absence, handle communications with staff and AMI network. Answer questions and ensure ED receives a record of all actions.
- Problem solve with head office staff to help them achieve their goals.
- Oversee vendors, staff and systems supporting head office to facilitate more efficient work.
- Take action-focused meeting notes, prepare summaries, and follow-up to confirm dates of completion, persons responsible and process for actions.
- Support ED international travel, including scheduling, logistics, and attending as requested.
- Interact with donors and partners in high-level activities involving the ED.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Support AMI strategic initiatives by monitoring progress, ensuring follow-up, staying connected to teams, and alerting the ED to progress or problems.
- Assist the ED by drafting agendas and communications, and helping to prioritize strategic issues.
- Serve as a first alert system – an extra set of eyes and ears – to keep the ED aware of problems and opportunities.
- Ability to consistently perform at a high level: by definition, strategic initiatives are mission-critical and crucial. No unimportant matters float up to the ED to be addressed.
About the Person
A candidate for this position must exhibit these characteristics to be considered for this position:
- Deep commitment to children
- Interest in and eagerness to learn about Montessori
- Mission and service-orientation: satisfaction from serving others
- Honesty and integrity: Everyone the COS encounters must feel s/he is transparent and ethical
- Discretion and professionalism
- Poise and grace under pressure
- Maturity and situational awareness
- Multi-cultural experience and global perspective
- Strong work ethic and flexible attitude: willing to perform varying duties depending on shifting needs
- Emotional resilience: COS work is high stakes, high pressure and high expectations
- Clear verbal and written communicator in English. Linguistic skills an advantage.
- Technology savvy, particularly global communications
- Emotional intelligence
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion
- Comfortable working late hours and traveling
- Demonstrated history of effective project management – multi-tasking, scheduling, benchmarking, trouble shooting
- Ability to give and receive feedback – COS will support the ED in coaching performance.
To apply for this management position: Please forward your curriculum vitae/resumé together with a statement on why you consider that you are the right person for this role, which will include, but is not limited to examples from the list below:
- Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
- Describe an action you took, a policy you influenced, or a programme you implemented that positively
impacted your organisation. Why did you do it and what was the outcome of your efforts?
- Describe a time when you had a lot of work to accomplish in a short time. How did you manage that situation? What was the result?
- What is the most complicated project you have managed? How did you handle it?
- Describe a time you put your team, goal or mission ahead of yourself when you served a greater good than your own success or ambition. Why did you do it? What did you do to be of service?
- Describe a time when you had to go the "extra mile" to develop trust among colleagues, staff or constituents. What did you learn from your experience?
- Describe the type of people you enjoy working with and the type of leaders with whom you seek to work.
Your application and relevant documentation should be marked CONFIDENTIAL and sent to:
email@example.com (Salary on application)